Friday, June 5, 2009

Procrastinating again.


Before I started this business, I used to be someone that really liked getting things done ahead of time. I loved that "I'm-so-on-top-of-it-you-can't-touch me/stress me out/make me freak" feeling I would get when I had assignments completed (college) or lesson plans written (from first career) long before it was necessary. I even liked making a bunch of dinners for the week ahead.
Sometimes clients ask me what is the hardest part of what I do. I used to say that it was having to do everything last minute. You just can't make a bride's bouquet two weeks before her wedding and expect to be in this business for long! I've gotten used to that now though, and it has melted and oozed into the rest of my life. I'm supposed to be teaching tomorrow (revisiting first career--teaching a grad class on science methods for a few weeks). I have papers to grade and some rubrics to write, but I can't stop reading design blogs AGAIN. I'm obsessed with tile. Obsessed. And two weeks ago I would have said I don't even like tile. It all started with subway tiles, then moved on to hexagon mosaics, and has now settled in around penny rounds and opaque glass, the latter of which does not fit into a 1920's farmhouse in the least bit.

A few house pics I'm loving, and a house tour you MUST check out. I find it completely fascinating, though based on the comments on the original post, many people feel hateful toward it. HATEFUL! Which is also fascinating. Share your thoughts if you are so inclined. Regardless, the man of the house has long been on my list of five freebies. Waking up to that voice would be better than a killer smile, amazing abs or tiger claw soup or whatever does it for ya...

No comments: