Friday, June 18, 2010

Sylvia + Matt


Just a few preview pictures from Sarah Rhoads...of a beautiful orange and slate wedding we did together a few weeks ago.   I love that first picture of Sylvia--it perfectly captures how I would describe her...beautiful but unfussy, modern but classic, elegant but FUN!  It was my first time working with Sarah and her husband Chris, and they were sweet, talented, and so stylish themselves. The rest of the team?  Pretty much perfection, and I wish I could work with them all every week.  They might just make up my allstar team.
  
Photography:  Sarah Rhoads
Planners:  Jesse Brix and Travis McBurney from True Colors Events
Venue:  Four Seasons Seattle (their ballroom...amazing.  their staff...amazing.)
DJ:  Austin Beaver
Flowers:  Fiore Blossoms

You'll be seeing more of this one when the final images are ready.  I can hardly wait!

 
The Lusty Lady?  Pretty much a Seattle institution, probably because of their awesome signs (I like to give my city the benefit of the doubt, and choose to believe its not because of what must be inside).  They did have the BEST signs ever.  Witty, bawdy, even charming occasionally, and sometimes very current and smart.  After a million years in Seattle, they are no more as of this June, so Sylvia and Matt got one of their last signs.  Which just goes to show how far Jesse and Travis will go for you.  It was a complete surprise for the couple, orchestrated by the guys.  See why I love them? 

No comments: