Tuesday, May 5, 2009

got a thing for bad boys...

In a total frenzy this morning of unpacking, laundry, keeping the house clean in case buyers stop by, and wiping noses (still think my job is awesome?). And in the middle of it, trying to find a house to buy TODAY. Lost the other, and have an offer on ours, so it's got to be fast. So of course I'm wasting time checking out design blogs, trying to acquire inspiration and hope, and even ideas for the decrepit old thing I found this morning that I'm falling more in love with every time I think of it.

You know how some girls just can't resist the bad boys, no matter how many times they've been stomped on and had their hearts ripped to pieces? Apparently I'm THAT GIRL; those bad boy houses are just totally irresistible. And believe me, I've been burned before. And here I am, comin' back for more...


But while I was scouring design and house sites, I found pictures of this converted church in England that is making me want to dust off my passport. (I was horrified last week when I realized that I haven't used mine since I was pregnant with Hayes. That was 2004 people! Do travel muscles atrophy?). I've always wanted to buy an old church, but here's one you can rent for a little vacay time. Maybe when I need a break from my bad boy.

1 comment:

Jessica Baker said...

Lex--We found our current house FAST when we got the offer on the old one. Sometimes pressure brings about great reward. :) Good luck!!