Tuesday, May 26, 2009

One person's junk...

We had a fun family outing to Second Use a few weeks ago, looking for treasures for the new abode. Lots of fun vintage finds to be had, though sadly none came home. Even the $130 piano I purchased, came back for, and found I couldn't budge. It will always be the one that got away...

This chandelier was literally 20' long!

I'll be going back for some of the gorgeous milk glass doorknobs.


The original piano bar from Canlis, one of the original and quintessential Seattle restaurants. It has an impressive list of alum, both as players and loungers...


The piano that Hayes and I fell in love with. It needed a good refinishing, but the front opened up so that all of the gorgeous inner workings were exposed while playing. If anyone in the Seattle area has a forklift or giant truck, let me know! I think it's still there waiting for me...

1 comment:

Bri said...

There will always be one that got away...sigh. Beautiful stuff though! Hey - the economy sucks. Bribe some big guys with pizza and beer.