Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yummy centerpieces!

Soft, romantic white bouquets full of texture, blowsy ruffly blossoms, tight green buds, and  fragrance are one of my very favorite looks for brides.  While being somewhat traditional, I'm happy to report that they also seem to be the chicest trend this year.
 
I love how the bride that carried the bouquet shown above used it as an inspiration point for the table centerpieces (that's pretty common), but in a delightful and unexpected way.  She ordered a cake for each table, decorated with blooms that complimented her gorgeous bouquet.  Each cake was slightly different, and each was cut later to serve the guests that had enjoyed it as a centerpiece during the dinner hour.


The beautiful cakes and sugar flowers are from Perfect Endings in California.  You could also order cakes through your baker, and organic pesticide-free flowers from your florist.  I hope someday my centerpiece construction for an event means decorating 15 beautiful cakes! 


It seems people are really trying to bring unique elements into their ceremonies and receptions.  I think I speak for everyone in the industry when I say that we see some incredibly creative, successful, meaningful, and beautiful twists on tradition...and we also see some complete flops!  I think this would be such a memorable and yummy twist on the expected! 

No comments: