Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A treat for me...

and a treat for you!

I'm heading out for a much anticipated, long awaited, and very neccessary vacation tomorrow--to celebrate 10 years of marriage, really good friendships, and wonderful food and wine. It's going to be a heavenly little sojurn to Napa with some of the best people on earth.


While I'm away though, I've planned a treat for you as well! The fabulous folks at Seattle Metropolitan Bride and Groom just sent five copies of their brand new, hot off the presses issue...for you! So, I'll be showing little snippets each day while I'm away, and as soon as I get back, will announce who will be receiving their own copies.

If you don't live in Seattle, you might not be familiar with our little hometown mag. It's gorgeous. It's huge (more like a coffee table book size, not a normal 8.5" x 11" shrimpy size). It has brilliant ideas. I'll pay the postage to wherever...so definitely enter so that you can get your hands on a copy!

To get one, please just leave a comment on this post, with a little note (it can be brief!) describing your favorite wedding or decorating detail you've seen lately. (Me? Do not ask me to pick a favorite between the bubble table and tie tree. Impossible.) Five readers will be chosen at random when I return next week. Have fun (I know I will be)!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Love your blog! My favorite wedding detail right now? Hmm... that's tough. Anytime flowers are involved though, I'm in love with it. I also love the photo booth idea.

tdm said...

I just love your blog. My fave wedding detail is those super cute bird cake toppers. I like the details that are a "surprise."

please sir said...

Oh yay - have a ton of fun and RELAX!!

Caitlyn said...

my husband is indian and at our wedding we used bangles as napkin holders, which people then put on and danced!

cara said...

I hope you have a wonderful wonderful holiday!

My favourite wedding detail just now is the booklets that had table numbers printed on the outside and had different requests on each page like 'a favourite spot for a romantic meal', 'most romantic country in the world' and the guests filled the book in with their thoughts. I can't remember where I saw it now though :(

rebekah said...

My favorite details? Anything handmade! I'm really into simple placecards right now.