Monday, March 17, 2008

Mad hats

For those of you that don't win those great products from 7, you can just cover your hair...with plants. Hey, its still organic that way!

These amazing head pieces are from Moyses Flowers in the UK. They've been around since 1876, so they must be doing something right. Their site has some great arrangements, and some pretty artistic and outrageous hair pieces. I thought you might enjoy taking a look at a few. They show amazing creativity and artistic vision.

Oh, and for my clients...unfortunately, Fiore Blossoms is not offering these. You'll have to contact Moyses if you'd like one. Call me crazy, but I'm just not sure that there is much of a market for these 'round these parts.

A veil made of silver bullion wire and arabicum flowers:


Moyses calls this their "Glorious Grass Turban":



The "Luxurious Leaf Hat":

I LOVE pink peonies, but I think this lady loves them more.

And even one for the gents:

Hey, if he's arguing about having to wear a boutonniere, you could just show him this pic!

2 comments:

Kaprice said...

Thanks for the inspiration, we have a Kentucky Derby party every year. This site is perfect, not to mention this year we have asked everyone to go green!

Alexa Johnson said...

Kaprice-
I'm so glad you were inspired, but I'm not sure they are the right touch for an amazing Monique Lhuillier...:) But fun for a party definitely!
-Alexa