Friday, March 28, 2008

Warning!

This site is my new addiction, and I'm sure will eat up a good chunk of your precious time. It's fascinating and valuable though.
Skin Deep will let you put enter the item name or company from any of your cosmetics, hair products, lotions or fragrance, and it will bring up safety information about all of the ingredients. It also has baby products in the database! In just a few minutes, I found out that the expensive Mustela baby shampoo I always splurge on for the boys (since I thought it was safer), is actually a level 6 (out of 10) hazard! I'm not even going to finish the bottle, since the site also gave me some great alternatives. I also found out that the hand lotion that I can't live without, is in the harmless zone. Go Neutrogena fragrance-free Norwegian formula!

No comments: