Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring shower

A few pictures from a special shower for my friend Milo last weekend. It was so fun to celebrate the upcoming arrival of the beautiful baby girl she is expecting in July.



Three centerpiece arrangements I did in tropical shades. Flowers included protea, "Ravel" roses, green cymbidium orchids, orange ruffly gerberas, several shades of tulips, ranunculus, berzilla berries, and spiky hot pink nerine lilies. It was fun to work with so much color!



My very talented friend Sarah made the AMAZING strawberry cake, in honor of Milo's favorite craving. Sarah is a pastry chef here in Seattle, and the cake was her own creation: a white chocolate sponge cake with white chocolate mousse and sliced strawberries between the layers. It was all topped off with strawberry buttercream and crushed green pistachios. The word incredible doesn't do it justice.


A detail shot of a little blue bird that was nestled into a large arrangement of blooming plum branches.


I just got several of these blown glass bowls for floating flowers. They are great on bistro tables for cocktail hour! This one has a green cymbidium orchid with a blown glass bubble.

And finally, I can't resist introducing you to one of the Fiore Blossoms staff members. You can see Noah hard at work here making sure that each bloom is in place. He has a real eye for design.

Congratulations to my dear friends. I can't wait to watch your family grow and get to know this new amazing person that will be such a gift.

1 comment:

Married & More with Michelle said...

What gorgeous and lush designs Alexa! I love the bursts of pink, yellow and orange and the mix of gerbers, orchids and more. The color palate is my favorite for summer.